Thursday, January 19, 2012

What Does The Android Do The iPhone Can’t?



What Does The Android Do The iPhone Can’t ?


I saw this question this morning on a popular social forum and thought, I could add something to this question...

Full Disclosure - I own an iPhone (Since 2007) and I have purchased Android based phones for my children.

So here is my response:

It's really a matter of taste. Preference in style, shape, manufacture and of course the big old
company name; ergo - branding.

I like to take a simpler approach to this Apple and Google debate. Take away the software and focus on the device itself. We have the pure play manufacturers, such as: Samsung, LG, Nokia, Motorola, Sony, etc... Of course Apple has it's hardware device (iPhone) and now Google has theres' (Nexus) but these devices are a amalgamation of parts from the very same manufacturers I mentioned above. "Go figure"

Another point I'd like to mention is, we are simply influenced by many factors when we choose and share our reasons for one product 'Bests' over another. We speak in terms of, which software / device company is the best. In truth, the best for us (is truly our individual taste).

Just in case you were not aware - Google owns and supports Androids OS and Apple has the realitively well know iOS. What boggles my mind sometimes, is this the prevailing statement from fans of Google or haters of Apple (in general) - Android is free - freedom to do whatever you want (even there are limits with Android), no? These same supporters or haters of Apple also pronounce that Apple's iOS is limited or in other words, governed too much and it's users are without freedom, really?

Okay, no more drama. The simple answer to the original question is No.
Android's - 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is on an equal playing field with Apple's iOS 5.01 - proprietaries aside.

I think it's fun to play with these new toys of techies pleasure. just saying.


...And "If you don't know, Now You Know!"

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could only use Facetime on my droid.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be cool. SIRI is not half bad too.

    ReplyDelete