Tuesday, June 14, 2011

BMW Seeks To Return It's M5 To #1 Status

///M is for Motorsport.  
BMW has returned with its latest creation in 'Super Saloons'.  Feast your eyes on what maybe the next Ultimate in Driving Machines'.   
This 5th Generation ///M5 is expected to hit US shores next year in the Fall - 2012.  Of course BMW reserves the right to change dates as it deems necessary.  Just for full disclosure. I do not work for nor own any stock in BMW.  My interests are purely as a car enthusiast.

My thoughts.?

As a 4th Generation ///M5 owner (E60), I like the design direction BMW has presented at this moment in its 'Concept'.  In days of past, BMW has introduced its concept vehicles which resemble their production counterparts a near 97%, so I expect when the new ///M5 reaches US shores, we can rest assured there will not be anything major or noticeable from the pictures above that will change.

With the new direction of Twin-Turbo technology being deployed in almost every line of BMW to date, starting in 2007, I am expecting nothing less than 600HP and some 590 pound-foot of torque.  Why?  Because its predecessor came with 500HP (US) and 397 pound-foot of torque in a normally aspirated engine.  Will I be disappointed if the stock configuration comes with less horse power and torque? The simple answer is yes!  My reasons are simple.  Competing products that I would consider are currently more powerful and having driven a 4400lbs. car and I expect this new one to be close to this same weight configuration.

In summary, I am pleased with all the media pictures, mechanical functionality, and its technical attributes revealed by BMW.  Let's take a wait and see approach, while I hope for the following numbers from BMW.
19/23mpg | 0-60 in 3.9sec | 4257lbs. | 625HP (US) 515lb-ft. tq.  Buckle up!

...And "If you don't know, Now You Know!"

1 comment:

  1. Now who'd you say you work for...(the Automotive Engineering Department);) Interesting assessment and view point.

    ReplyDelete